Sunday, February 22, 2015

What I want from a Smart Watch

I want a smart watch that can act as a key.  That is, I approach a locked door and the door unlocks.  I sit in my car, and push "start".  I surf the web (on my computer), and my passwords are automatically entered (because my computer is talking to my watch).

I want a smart watch that can be biometrically locked and unlocked.  Unlocked via finger print reader, retina scan, or via a sub-dural RFID or NFC chip.

I want a smart watch that is geo-location aware, and can serve up appropriate bar codes, like when I'm at the YMCA entrance counter.

Of course, I want to be able to buy things with it too.

I want a smart watch that can double as a bluetooth headset.  When I receive a call, I can pull off my watch.  The band snaps straight.  One end of the band has a speaker, the other a mic.  Or maybe it just has a speaker phone.

The primary input mechanism for this watch is speech.

In addition to a camera, the watch should have a little LED flash light.  I use my phone's all the time, and it would be great to use the watch instead.

A pico projector would be nice, but that might be asking for too much.

Wireless charging, of course.

Waterproof.

Bluetooth music streaming.

No comments: